I had a hell of a week!! I was at the hospital for 5 days and let me tell you, it felt like I was there forever. I had to attend this program for a scholarship. We were exposed to daily routines of doctors and basically how they work. I learned LOADS! It was an experience of a life time.
So I was in TEAM 5! The first day, we were assigned for on-call. We all had to go home at 10PM!! Everyone was shocked! But life must go on..we were sent to A&E. Or in human words, Emergency Department..we had to stay there from 5 p.m. lit 10 p.m.. We saw all kinds of cases.
The funny thing was, every doctor we met would say he same thing...DON'T BECOME A DOCTOR!! We were all confused because I can say that 80% of my teammates were forced to attend the program. They all said, if the interest is there become a doctor but if you are forced, better not. How ironic..and weird..
The funniest moment was when we went to the Forensic Department. We went to the morgue. So the staff member was going to show us the dead bodies, so he opened the fridge real slow,for suspense. The hall was very small, so one of the staff wanted to pass through. He tapped Yoge's shoulder(my teammate) and Yoges jumped and ran to the other side of the room!! Hahahaha..everyone laughed. The staff said..."I'm still alive, I'm not a ghost!" Hahaha..poor Yoges..that was his birthday gift for the day!!
The best part was when we went to O&G, or in human words Gynecology Department . I got to witness a mother giving birth LIVE..makes me appreciate moms more..
I had a blast even though my feet hurt like crazy..let's just hope that I get the scholarship..ameen..
In memories of TEAM 5.
Ivan.Yoges.Aizat.Hariz.Tasnim.Woon.Nasuha.Julliet.Syariza.Sharmilla.Lossini.Ashrini.May.Hidayah
No comments:
Post a Comment