Wednesday, June 1, 2011

.:Lil Birdie :.





In the 5th grade, my science teacher asked my class, “Ever wonder how a bird flies or glides in the air? How does it spread its wings and fly?”

All of us started thinking, then she said, “Did you know that every bird that glides in the sky, Allah is holding it up by His hands.”

I was so fascinated, till this day I never forgot that lesson about birds..a couple of a days ago a friend told me something.

Umar Al’Khattab said that a firm Iman is like a bird gliding in the sky with its wings stretched. On one side is fear and on the other is hope. Both must be equally balanced. If one were slightly heavier, the bird wouldn’t be able to fly properly.

With Anatomy finals coming up soon, I feel like the fear in me is so great that it overcomes my hope. When I first started studying anatomy, I already hated it. Especially cause it requires a lot of memorizing, one thing that I’m not very good at. So I guess I started worrying…and worrying got me a horrible score in my mid sems.

Then came my practical, it wasn’t so great either. Now the written is coming up and there’s a huge fear in me. I doubt any amount of studying can make it go away..

I just wish that someone can understand that I can’t memorize like other people can! I’m not the type to memorize every word of the book!! It’s just not me, even if I do memorize I forget it the next day…….

All I can do now is just hope, hope that there’ll be a miracle and that somehow I can pass anatomy, I can pass memorizing..that I won’t screw up my finals..

I have to equalise hope and fear. I'm a bird that can't fly straight, still trying to balance herself.I’m still lost in myself..



14 days left..alhamdulilah..managed to do sumin...

No comments: