Wednesday, February 9, 2011

.:10 Days of Uncertainty:.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Life’s really weird. One day it’s nice and sunny and the next dark and rainy. Yesterday, my friends and I were happily shopping till night and now we’re stuck in our houses, not allowed to go out. Outside there’s a demonstration going on..I can hear the people shouting..

This morning, my friend asked me to accompany her to pick up a friend that came from Jordan. So we went along, happily..till we reach the Malaysian Dormitory. We tried calling all our friends that lived there, but somehow the connection was busted..then finally we got in contact. Then one of the seniors was like, what are you guys doing here? Don’t you know that after Solat Jumaah, there’s going to be a huge demonstration. Go home…We panicked..I mean we had 30 minutes before the Friday Prayers started..

Next thing I know all internet and phone connections are all blocked. It’s like living in a coconut shell, don’t know anything about the outside world..

It’s kinda sad actually, I mean here in Egypt, people are standing up for their rights but in Malaysia I bet they are doing some concert or something for the Chinese New Year. I mean in Malaysia, the news about what’s going on in Egypt hasn’t even hit the headlines.

What has the world come to? I mean I love living in Malaysia and all, but Malaysia is living in a fantasy world..living in a world where poverty kinda doesn’t exist. Where we just say ‘Hear and obey.’

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The condition’s getting worse. I’m stranded at my friend’s house. The military of Egypt has stepped up and ordered a curfew from 4pm till 8am tomorrow morning..loads of rumours are going on. We just got news that around 2,000 prisoners are on the loose. We are all ordered to stay at home and in an hour, the electricity and water will be cut off. .outside I can hear people screaming..gunshots..glass breaking..basically havoc.

I’m quite scared I admit, but what can I do? All that is left is doa and tawakal. .

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Today, after curfew hours, everyone went out to stock up food for a month. The condition outside is ok so far but I can see the effects..glass everywhere..ashes..the men here walk with long knives in their hands. I go home and pack some clothes and all important documents..then I’m off to my friends..

Monday, Januray 31, 2011

We are all ordered to move to Malaysian Hall. Imagine all Cairo students moving into the Hall. It’s so crowded. One room which was meant to fit 2 people all if a sudden fits 7 people. Food here is scarce. All I eat is Maggie..

Encik Hazam, our JPA organizer meets with all Cairo students and tells us what’s going on and the EVACUATION PLAN that has been organized. There are 4 stages, green, yellow, orange and red. So far we are in yellow..so Encik Hazam said that there is little hope for us to go home..

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My mom called and said that our prime minister has actually aired the EVACUATION PLAN, but how come we here in Egypt don’t know a thing? It seems that the people in Malaysian know news what faster..power of media..

Many reporters are calling us students and to tell you the truth, they are annoying. A student told a reporter that we have food stock for 2-3 days. Next thing we know, it says on the news that we haven’t eaten for 2-3 days! I mean come on..Malaysian news exaggerate everything..we are all fine here..

Today 2 million demonstrate, and Husni Mubarak has until Friday to step down, he vowed not to step down..we’ll just have to see what happens..

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Last night we were briefed on the EVACUATION PLAN, we were ordered to move to Jeddah. So, everyone packs and just wait until their name is called..

Today only one flight was made. The flight included the sick, pregnant mothers and those who have small children..living here at the HALL is challenging..

1. People in Malaysian know so much that we don’t and I don’t know how to explain to them

2. So much ‘possibilities’. I mean nothing for the last couple of days is for sure..everything is ‘maybe’..I’m going crazy..

3. Every second I pack my bag..and at the end of the day, I still don’t fly..

Thursday, February 3, 2011

At 1 am we were ordered to pack. At 3 am we all assembled at the ground floor. A long process of naming began..then alhamdulilah at 6am I was off to the airport..

The trip to the airport was long, we were stopped 13 times, either by soldiers or by the ‘syabab’ doing the neighbourhood watch..there are tanks everywhere!!

Alhamdulilah, I finally arrive at the airport..at the airport there was a huge fight..I mean thank you Malaysian Government for doing so much to help, but next time can you just please listen to us students..we wasted an hour arguing with the supervisor at the airport..about what? About who gets to get on the plane first..urrgh..no use to talk about it here..

I arrived in Jeddah airport around 3 pm..and I got out around 8 pm! It took forever to get a visa..

Friday, February 4, 2011

I’m currently staying at the Tabung Haji Dormitory. It’s like heaven here, food is always around..everyone gets their own bed, blanket and pillow..Alhamdulilah..

We also got news that the government ordered all of us to be sent to Malaysia..looks like I’m coming home..

Saturday-Monday, February 5-7, 2011

BORING!!!! Hahaha…nothing new..so far 3 flights have been made to Malaysia. Sarah left this morning..when is my flight?? I hate waiting!!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

At 7.45 am..an annoucment was made..I got a flight!

WHAT DID I LEARN FROM ALL OF THIS??

During the first days of demonstrations..

- What the Egyptians are fighting for is not just for them but its basic human rights

-Who knows, maybe this is the start of the rise of ISLAM?

5 days at Malaysian Hall

-honestly, these 5 days have been empty for me. My mutabah amal went straight to zero…that’s what you get when you have loads of free time and nothing to do

-I learned that we need to believe in ALLAH’s plan. 5 days living with such uncertainty can surely cause someone to go crazy, but those who understand will be calm and tawakal to Allah, believe that Allah will give the best..

In Jeddah

-here I don’t feel that empty because at least the Akak2 still have daurah and programs for us

- I learned about ‘syukur’. Staying here is like heaven and I feel so content. I mean yeah I only have 3 pair of clothes cause we are only allowed to bring 7 kg, yeah I don’t have my own room, sure the bed is hard as hell…but I’m ok..I feel like I have what I need…and that feeling is from ALLAH..Thanks you ALLAH..

-waiting is a pain..

No comments: