Tuesday, February 2, 2010

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Sallams,

Today someone asked me, "What's your opinion on BEST FRIENDS?"

I simply said..I don't believe in BEST FRIENDS...that person's jaw dropped. How can you not believe in best friends? Don't you have a best friend? All kinds of questions were being tossed at me..hahaha..poor her..

But that is a good topic...BEST FRIENDS. In my dictionary of life, the word 'best friend' doesn't exist..naah..that's just some fantasy. Maybe for some, they do have a best friend. Good for you. To me, best friends are just a fantasy...

WHY? Simple..life as taught me that human beings are not as nice as they seem. Trust is very sacred and shouldn't be given out easily. To say I never had a best friend is lie..I did..but now that I think about it..naah..I never did..

You might trust someone so much, known them since kindergarten and stuff..but I can assure you..that person has a lot hiding from you..some might think that I'm cruel..but to me..BEST FRIENDS do not exist..

To me, as long as we have friends that understand us in some ways, then we are ok.. You wanna what a true friend is??

Remember the hadith about 2 farmers...one of them asked another..we have been friends for so long, how come you have never invited me to prayer? or to remember ALLAH?

That's a true friend...not one who knows your deepest secret or what so ever... that person went ballistic when she heard my answer. . I do admit..I don't trust people easily. That's just me...

But Alhamdulilah, I have many good friends. Friends that do remind me about Allah, that understand me in some ways... what else could I ask for?

Oh Allah..please bless and guide my friends..for they have guided me in the path to Jannah..AMEEN!

U.H.I.B.B.U.K.I. F.I.L.L.A.H.

No comments: